Current Events and Actions
Save the date! Women's Legislative Days will be Sunday, January 28 - Tuesday, January 30, in Austin. It will be at the Woodward Hotel & Conference Center in south Austin. This two-day event will educate women about the issues that will be addressed in the upcoming legislative session and train women to make effective lobby visits to their state senators and representatives. Mad about school finance, insufficient health care funding, or burdensome limits on access to abortion? This is your chance to make a difference!
Texas NOW's 2006 annual meeting is coming up in League City on October 7! Please join us for panels and workshops, feminist networking, and a keynote speech by Barbara Ann Radnofsky!
- Texas NOW's Statement on the Andrea Yates Verdict
- NOW's national conference is July 21-23 in Albany, NY. Speakers will include Cecelia Fire Thunder, Tyne Daly, and Rep. Carolyn Mahoney, and Ani Difranco will be there to receive the Woman of Courage award. See you there!
- We're a nonpartisan organization, but several of us will be at the 2006 State Democratic Convention.
- Many of us will also be at various Pride events, like Pride Texas, benefiting our friends at Equality Texas, and Pride Houston. Hope to see you there!
April 27, 2006
- Lilith Fund is hosting its annual Reproductive Equity Awards, and honoring the very deserving Peggy Romberg. Peggy is executive director of Women's Health and Family Planning Association of Texas and has been fighting for reproductive rights here in Texas for almost forty years. Cheers, Peggy!